Artstor is a digital image library of contributions from museums, libraries, and archives. Files can be saved and downloaded for educational purposes. In most cases, these are extremely high resolution images.
To download images, use your Artstor work folder, create image groups, and access password-protected folders, you must be logged into your Artstor account. Also, make sure your pop-up blocker is turned OFF - Artstor uses pop up windows.
To register with Artstor:
- Go to the K-State Libraries Home Page, mouse over "Research" and select, "Databases."
- Select "A" and scroll down to click "Artstor"
- In the top right corner, you will see "Artstor Digital Library" - click on "enter here"
- On the next page, again in the top right corner, you will see the option to "Register"
- Click on "Register" and you will receive a small form -- Enter your K-State e-mail address and assign yourself a password, when finished click "submit"
- Once your password is set, click on "Log In"
Artstor Resources in Theatre & Dance (summarized below)
Sample Artstor Collections related to Dance:
- Carnegie Arts of the United States
- Historical Scenic Design (Alexander Adducci)
- Library of Congress
- Magnum Photos: Contemporary Photojournalism
- Native American Art and Culture (National Anthropological Archives, Smithsonian Institution)
- Browse by the Classification for Performing Arts, then select a country name to limit your results
- Search for individuals and sites associated with dance, such as theatres, concert halls, "Martha Graham", Nijinsky, "Ballet Russes", or "Isadora Duncan".
- Use the Advanced Search to limit by date range or geographic region.