Hale Library Will Remain Closed Until Further Notice. For future updates see k-state.edu/update
Due to the Fire, K-State Libraries' Access to Databases Has Been Temporarily Interrupted
Welcome to Special Collections
The Morse Department of Special Collections is located on the 5th floor of Hale Library. The department invites researchers to delve into history, engage in discovery, and contribute to scholarship. There are over one million items in the collection, including manuscripts, archival records, rare books, photographs, recordings, and ephemera.
Reading Room Basics
- Hours: 10am to 5pm; Monday – Friday.
- Everyone wishing to access the collection must register and fill out the request slip (at front desk).
- Keep food and drinks away and place cell phones on silent.
- Store personal belongings in security closet.
- Bring laptops, pencils (no pens), and paper.
- Public scanner available.
- White gloves are needed to handle historical photographs.
- We can place materials on hold for you.
Helpful Guides and Forms
Morse Department of Special Collections Forms and Information
Additional Information about Using Archives