Completely Removing Write-N-Cite IV from Your Mac
If you are experiencing issues with Write-N-Cite on your Mac, you may need to upgrade to the new version of Write-N-Cite. The first step to doing this is deleting the existing version of Write-N-Cite off of your computer, this will not affect any documents that currently have citations or bibliographies created with the previous versions of Write-N-Cite.
- First, you will need to close Microsoft Word for Mac.
- Next select Command+Shift+G on your keyboard.
- In the box that pops up type ~/Library, this will allow you to temporarily access the Library directory on your Mac, this folder is typically hidden.
- Next, follow the path in the in image below.
- Once you see the RefWorks folder, delete it and then delete everything in your Trash.
- Now you can navigate to the RefWorks site and download the newest version of Write-N-Cite.
- Write-N-Cite is located under the Tools menu and the newest version of Write-N-Cite for Mac should be the first available option.
- After you download and install Write N Cite, reopen Word and login in to Refworks.
- If you have any problems with this process, you can check the Main RefWorks tab of this guide or you can contact Jason Coleman at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Removing Write-N-Cite IV (on PCs)