1. Open a blank Google Document
2. Click Add-ons then Get Add-ons...
3. Search for Refworks, then click the + FREE button
4. You will be asked to accept certain conditions to use the Add-on. Click Allow, if you wish to use it.
To use the RefWorks for Google Docs Add-on, you will need to create a RefWorks 3 account. Follow these steps:
1. Go to https://refworks.proquest.com and click "create account"
2. Enter your university e-mail address, e.g., email@example.com. Then click Check
3. Create a password (note: this is not your eID). Then click Sign Up.
4. Open your e-mail and click the activation link from RefWorks.
We are working hard at K-State Libraries to create guides and lessons for using New RefWorks. Until then, use this information from the good people at RefWorks!
You can import the content of your RefWorks 2 accounts (aka Legacy RefWorks) into your RefWorks 3 (aka New RefWorks) account. Your content will remain in RefWorks 2: you will just be making a copy of it in RefWorks 3. Follow these steps:
1. Open your RefWorks 3 account. Click the + button. Then click Import References.
2. Click RefWorks.
3. Click Authorize.
4. Login to your RefWorks 2 account.
5. Your references and folders will be added to RefWorks 3. This may take a few moments. When the process is complete you will see the following screen: