RefWorks has a built-in reader – no need for a .pdf reader or special app to read your documents. You can read and access supported documents anywhere, with just a web browser.
Select the reference with an attached document and click the "Read" button in the viewing pane. The full document or article will open for you to read and annotate. If the item does not contain a document, only the reference metadata will display.
You have several options when reading and annotating a document, all of which can be found on the tool bar on the top of the page:
- Return to your collection
- Zoom in or zoom out on the document for enhanced viewing
- Print a copy of the document
- Download a PDF version of the document to your computer
- Highlight portions of the text
- Comment on selected text
- Add notes to the document that you are viewing
- Edit the document reference data