Find Search It at the center of K-State Libraries home page, lib.k-state.edu.
1) Select Search It Advanced mode:
2) Sign in with your eID and password for K-State users. This enables automated Requests authenticated to you.
3) Follow this example with vocabulary from your own topic:
a) First try in the title, All items. Too few results? Change in the title to Any.
b) List synonyms or alternate words for one concept in one window, linked by OR (Results can include any of the words)
c) Keep AND between windows to combine different concepts. (Results must include all of your choices)
d) Use (*) to search root words with multiple endings (e.g., theor* -> theory, theories, theoretical; model* -> model, models, modeling)
RESULTS -- Examine their quantity and sample the titles you got first, then start to filter based on criteria needed, for example:
4) Filter for Peer-reviewed Journals, or select Resource Type, Topic, or other facets on left to narrow results.
5) Identify recurring subject phrases used in Topic facets (click to view) and in titles. Test these in subsequent searches.
6) Use is (exact) to search for recurring subject phrases. Sort results by Date-newest for most recent work.
7) Read the full text of a citation that meets your needs
Click View It, then one of the available links if the citation shows we have full text available.
If No full-text displays, and we don't have it physically or on-line, an Interlibrary Loan form can be requested.
After you submit your eID and password, you may have to fill in a few fields before completing the form.