How to Evaluate Sources
Watch the following video to learn how to evaluate sources.
The CRAAP Test
When searching for resources (especially on the Internet), keep the following five points in mind.
- Currency: Is the information current and up-to-date?
- Relevance: Is the information related and relevant to your topic?
- Authority: What is the reputation or credentials of the creator?
- Accuracy: Can you verify the information you found?
- Purpose/Objectivity: Is the purpose of the resource to inform? How might the author's bias influence the information?