Hale Library Will Remain Closed Until Further Notice. For future updates see k-state.edu/update
Due to the Fire, K-State Libraries' Access to Databases Has Been Temporarily Interrupted
Library staff are asked to communicate with supervisors and employees via phone and text until full email access is restored
- David Dary Papers (Journalism; American West)
- The papers reflect the various stages of Dary’s impressive professional career, along with his early activities as a magician followed by years as a short wave radio enthusiast. His career in broadcast journalism, most notably for CBS and NBC in Washington, D.C. during the 1960s, led to positions in the schools of journalism at the University of Kansas and the University of Oklahoma, where he served as director. His passion for history combined with his writing ability and style enabled Dary to become a major western historian with countless articles in newspapers and journals, and over 20 books for which he has won numerous prestigious awards.
- Marlin Fitzwater Papers
- This collection documents the personal and professional life of Marlin Fitzwater. A K-State graduate, Fitzwater served as Assistant to the President for Press Relations under Ronald Reagan, and Press Secretary under George H.W. Bush. The bulk of the records in this collection were produced by and/or created by Fitzwater in his years in the White House.
- Robert Bontrager Papers
- This collection includes serial publications from African-American publishers throughout the nation between 1964 and 1978. Robert Bontrager used these materials to teach his "Black Press in America" course from 1970 to 1989. There is representation from national publications like Ebony Jr! and The Journal of Negro Education, as well as smaller publications like Sepia (Fort Worth, Texas) and The Facts (Seattle, Washington).
- Additional Finding Aids in Special Collections
- Access to Special Collections' content management system for archival collections, Archon.
There are two key photographic histories to consult for topics on university history and life: