Tips when searching for resources about a topic
- Do not type complete sentences or questions. Instead, type keywords or phrases, e.g., dog training.
- Start with only a few terms. You can always add more later.
- Be flexible - if you don't like your results, retry your search with different words.
- After you perform a search, click the "More options" link under the Topics category. Look carefully through the list of topics and include all that are of interest to you.
Tips when searching for a specific item or author
- Double-check your spelling.
- When searching for long, complex titles, try entering only the first five to six words.
- Use either the Simple Search interface or the Advanced Search interface.
- In the Simple Search interface, use the right drop-down menu to specify whether you are searching for an author or for a title.
- In the Advanced Search interface, use the drop-down menu to the left of a row to specify whether that row's terms are for an author or a title.