When a resource is available online through Search It, below the title of the resource there will be a green dot and the words "Available Online." To access the resource, click the "View It" tab.
When you click the View It Tab, one of the following will happen:
When a physical resource is owned by K-State Libraries and is not currently checked out, below the title of the resource there will be a green dot and the words "Located at" followed by the location and call number. Click the "Find it at the Library" tab to see more information, e.g., information about multiple copies of a book.
When a physical resource is owned by K-State Libraries but is currently checked out, below the title of the the resource there will be a yellow or gray dot and explanatory text. Click the "Find it at the Library" tab to see options, such as placing a hold or requesting through Interlibrary Loan.
The "Find it at the Library" tab will provide access to K-State Libraries' Interlibrary Loan Service. If you are a current K-State student or employee, you can use that service to request the article or book chapter.
If Search It does not show online full text for an article or for a book chapter, below the title there will be a yellow or gray dot with the words "Not available online." To discover if K-State Libraries has a physical version of the article or book chapter, click the "Check for Physical Copy".
To request retrieval of a library-owned item, follow the directions below:
1. Search for the item in Search It
2. Once you have located the item, sign into your account by clicking "Sign In" in the upper right-hand corner of the page.
3. Once you're logged in, click on "Find it at the Library" and select "Request Retrieval"
4. Then fill out the request information and click "Request Retrieval."
5. Please note that retrievals will take 1 business day to process. When the item is ready to pick-up, you will receive a notification email.