Tips for using Search It to find information about international agreements.
1. Enter "international relations" as a subject term.
2. Use the remaining rows to add keywords related to the type of agreement. Notice that you can broaden a search by using OR to present Search It with alternative terms.
3. When you view a results list, you can filter by topic, resource type, date, and other criteria. Topic and date filters are particularly useful.
1. Click the Search by Subject or Topic button and choose all news.
2. Click the Advanced Options button.
3. Set a date limit and enter your search in the form of SUBJECT(term) AND keyword AND keyword. Notice that international relations should be entered inside quotation marks.
Tips for using PAIS International to find information about international agreements.
1. Open the Thesaurus.
2. Search for the word "International." If you see a term you like, you can click the box to the left and click add to search. I also recommend clicking the note icon next to international relations.
3. Notes screens show related terms. You can click the check marks for all the related terms of interest and click add to search.
Tips for using Google Books to find information about international agreements.
1. Search for the name of a specific agreement, or search for a type of agreement, or search for the terms international relations.
2. Narrow by date:
a. Select Search tools.
b. Select any time and then click custom range.
c. Enter a date range and click Go.
3. If you wish, add additional terms to the search to narrow the results.
4. Use OR between terms to search for either of the two terms. This will broaden your search.
See Google Books screenshots on the Country Information page of this guide for a visual of these steps.