Hale Library Will Remain Closed Until Further Notice. For future updates see k-state.edu/update
Due to the Fire, K-State Libraries' Access to Databases Has Been Temporarily Interrupted
Library staff are asked to communicate with supervisors and employees via phone and text until full email access is restored
Find Books in Search It
Use Search It to find books owned by K-State Libraries.
Enter title, author, or keywords in the Search It box on the Libraries home page.
Click the K-State Libraries only tab on the search results page to only see items owned by K-State.
If we own the title, Search it will tell you if it is available and where to find it.
- Some books are e-books and may link to a database instead of showing a call number and location.
- When you find a relevant book, follow the links for Subjects (under Details) to find similar books.
- When you find a relevant book, look at the books shelved next to it—they should be on the same or similar topic.
How to Read a Call Number
Every book in the library has a call number, and you'll need the whole number to find one on the shelf.
Search for Books About an Author or Work
To find books about a work or an author, instead of a copy of the original work try:
- using the in subject option on Search It's Advanced Search screen
- adding key words like criticism to your search terms
Search It "in subject" Option
1. Click on the Advanced Search button from the Search It box on K-State Libraries' home page.
2. Click the K-State Libraries only tab
3. Using the drop down options, change Any to in subject
4. Enter the work title or author's name in the search box
Literary Criticism Search Terms Option
Using the search box on the Libraries home page or the Advanced Search page, build a search by combining:
- title of the work or author's name
- terms like: criticism, interpretation and/or history
Find Books in WorldCat
Use the database WorldCat to find books owned by libraries around the world. Usually we can borrow a copy from another library for you through Interlibrary Loan.
WorldCat does not search the full text of a book, just information about the book.
Use broad search terms like the author, title of the work, or genre.
If you need to focus your search results, add terms like: criticism or interpretation or broad themes like: love, religion, gender, war.