The database LexisNexis Academic includes Company Dossier, which provides full-text access to financial reports and news about companies.
Accessing Company Dossier:
1. Click the Get Company Info button.
2. Click the Company Dossier link.
Below is a screenshot of the profile for Cargill.
The section titled "In The News" is especially useful for researching stakeholder position.
Accessing the Advanced Search Interface.
1. Enter LexisNexis Academic.
2. Click the Advanced Options link.
- Remove the check-marks from all the boxes except the Newspapers box.
- Change the drop-down from "select a segment" to "HLEAD". By doing so, you are searching only the headline and the lead paragraphs.
- Build your search inside the parentheses.
- Use an asterisk as a wildcard. For example, pesticid* will match pesticide, pesticides, pesticidal and any other word that begins with the letters pesticid.
- Use OR to broaden your search. For example, water OR groundwater.
- Use additional parentheses to control the order of searching - things in parentheses happen first. For example, HLEAD (pesticid* AND (water OR groundwater)) = EITHER word water or groundwater; PLUS pesticid*
- After you perform a search, use the "Search within results" box to narrow your results.