Finding Keywords for your Topic
This brief video (0:59) from the University Library at UNC Greensboro explains how to turn your research question into useful keywords. Transcript.
If you would like more practice with keywords, check out the rest of their tutorial!
Keywords and Synonyms
- Because good keywords are essential to good research.
- The more keywords you can think of, the more likely you will find what you are looking for.
Synonyms make your list of keywords longer. More keywords = better searching = more results. Look at the example below to get an idea of how synoyms can broaden your understanding of a given concept:
- Make lists of keywords for the main concepts of your research topic
- Use single words or simple phrases
- Be prepared that this may all change as you learn more information through your research
- Be flexible, be adaptable in your thinking
- Use a thesaurus to help generate synonyms