Your Library Accounts
Your K-State ID card is your library card.
Search It is home to your library account
- See items you have checked out from K-State Libraries and their due dates
- See holds you have placed
- See fines or fees
- Renew items
Your K-State eID and password grant access to
Your Interlibrary Loan account manages your requests for materials from other libraries plus document delivery or shipping (for Distance Users) of items from K-State Libraries
- Request items
- See articles and chapters you have requested that are available for downloading
- See list of Interlibrary Loan items you have checked out and their due dates
- Renew items, if permitted by the lending library
- Check the label attached to your Interlibrary Loan items for information about renewals
Search It is the search box on the Libraries home page. It is a combination of a library catalog and starting point for finding journal articles and more.
Searching in Search It
Once in Search It, either when viewing your search results list or by choosing the Advanced Search option from our home page, focus your search into four "collections":
- K-State Libraries + articles and more (default - searches many of our databases plus books, videos, maps, journal titles, etc. owned by K-State Libraries)
- K-State Libraries Only (our collections - books, videos, maps, journal titles, etc. Similar to a library catalog )
- Course Reserves (class materials such as textbooks and DVDs put on reserve by faculty)
- Research Guides (guides created to help with a particular course or discipline)
Interlibrary Loan Overview
In the course of your research, you will probably discover articles and books that are not immediately available to you either because K-State Libraries do not own them or because they are currently checked out. When this happens, chances are very good that you can still get these items by requesting them through Interlibrary Loan. Every K-State Student has an Interlibrary Loan account. The first time you login to that account with your eID and password you will be prompted to provide contact information to finish setting up the account.
Essential facts about our Interlibrary Loan Service:
- K-State Libraries will pay for the cost of obtaining these items
- Typical Delivery Times
- 2-5 days for PDFs (articles, etc.)
- 3-10 days for other material
- PDFs are delivered to your Interlibrary Loan account
- Other materials are delivered to Hale Library Help
- You will receive an e-mail when your item is available
- You cannot request textbooks through Interlibrary Loan
For assistance, contact Interlibrary Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or (785) 532-7440
My Account in Search It
Your Library Account in Search It
Click Sign in at the top right corner of the screen and enter your K-State eID and password.
Signing in allows you to:
- see loan periods for K-State Libraries' physical items.
- see a list of physical items you currently have checked out from K-State Libraries.
- renew items you have checked out from K-State Libraries.
- save results to your e-Shelf.
- save search queries so you can re-run them at a later time
- maximize the amount of content visible in your search results.