The K-State Salina Library has an HP Designjet Z3200 large-format printer, which does an excellent job of printing posters for research conferences. You will need to follow several rules to make effective use of this printer and the time of library staff:
- Poster requests must be received by the library at least two business days before you need them. Bear in mind that before large meetings there are many print jobs to be serviced.
- All poster requests must be made using the Poster Printing Request Form or include a completed printable request form, specifying, among other things, which faculty member and which account is responsible for the charges.
- Source files for posters to be printed can be attached using the Poster Printing Request Form. If your file is too large to attach, you may deliver it to the library on a flash drive.
- The file must be in Acrobat (pdf) format. Other formats do not print reliably and will not be accepted. We will only print the PDF as is; we do not edit PDF files for patrons.
- If the PDF file contains more than one page, each page will be printed as a separate poster.
- The size properties of the poster must have one side of the poster equal to or less than the width of the paper selected. Please specify the size of your poster in the request form.
- You will be sent a quote for the cost, which you will need to approve before the poster is printed.
- Estimated cost and size of paper is as follows:
|Estimated Cost Per Square Foot
|24", 36", or 42"
|$1.00 to $2.25
|Glossy White Photo
|36" or 42"
|Vinyl Adhesive Paper
|36" or 42"
|$2.20 to $2.50
*Any unclaimed posters will result in a charge for the amount of the poster on the patron's Library or KSIS account.