(Updated February 17, 2021)
Floors 1-4 are now open in Hale Library!
See our Hours and Locations page with spring semester hours.
For additional information, please visit our Continuation of Libraries Services page.
- You may enter and exit Hale through either the 1st floor (Sunflower) or 2nd floor (Loggia) entrances.
- Staff and patrons must wear a mask or facial covering
- Staff and patrons must adhere to six feet of social distancing
- Access to staff support at the Library and IT Help Desk
- Printers, copiers, scanners, 32 computers and study areas.
- Course reserves
Books (Updated February 17, 2021)
Books are being re-shelved in Hale Library. You can browse and check out these books. This is an ongoing process and books will continue to be returned to Hale through summer 2021.
Call numbers available include:
- Stack A: A - DS 56 .S63
- Stack B: DS 57 .A4 - HB 501 .Z38
- Stack C: HB 521 .F54 - JV 9153 .P3
- Stack D: JX 27 .CC6185 PN 684 .U4
- M (Music call numbers, including oversized and reference)
- N (Art call numbers, including oversized and reference)
Food and Drink:
- Food and drink will only be permitted in the designated area on Hale's 1st floor around the Joyce and Joe’s Cornerstone Café.
- Social distancing is still in place around the cafe.
- The cafe is expected to open after Labor Day with grab and go food.
- Students will be able to use their residence hall meal cards in the cafe.
Other Safety Measures
The health and safety of our staff and patrons are of the utmost importance. In addition to the requirements listed above the Libraries will also implement these additional measures.
- Furniture and computer stations are spaced at least six feet apart.
- All returned library materials will undergo a 72 hour quarantine, including course reserves.
- Increased cleaning of all areas will be implemented.
- Patrons will be provided with cleaning materials to clean their computer station or study area before use.
- Some materials like staplers and dry erase markers have been removed. Patrons should bring their own dry erase markers.